Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Voyager modeling part 3

Making progress. Almost about done with the modeling stage. I'd like to get a lot of the extrusions out as geometry and paint less. Better for shadows and close ups shots. Of course, I can't model every little thing in.

Bridge panels and escape pod hatches are all in. From what I can find, each escape pod can hold 6 crewmembers. There are 42 escape pods. Voyager's standard crew compliment is 150 people. So if you're ever a guest aboard and something goes amis, there's plenty of room to spare (skip to 2:30).
Finally got the pylon hinges to a place where I'm happy with them.
She's got a great ass. For the most part, Voyager is perfectly symmetrical. All windows, indents, escape hatches, and other such stuff is a mirror image. Except one hole in the spine that is the EVA Egress Door (airlock in plain terms)--it's on the port side only.

That little round thingie that looks like an outtie belly button is the warp core ejection cap. There's actcually two. The one that's visible is just the cap for the secondary (spare) warp core. The primary is further aft, but I forgot it. :p
I should also model in the antimatter loading port since it sticks out an apprecieable distance.

After those few additions (and whatever I realise I've glossed over) it's time to lay out UVs. Ooo....fun stuff.

No comments: