Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Voyager modelings goin' on...

More time to work in the evenings that I was expecting, so I got more schtuff done on the Voyager.

In adding the RCS thrusters (the small trapezoidal shape on the quarters of the saucer section) I messed up the overall shape of the saucer...didn't notice that until I was taking these shots.
Click the image to see it larger
The forward deck 4 (or 5) windows are too big, too. Some tweaking on the uniformity of the geometry when UV mapping time comes will be necessary. I think I'm gonna model in the escape pods instead of making them displacement maps--they protrude too far, I think. That goes for a lot of the rear sensors and transporter emitter pads, too. I haven't been able to find any images of the Aerowing separated from the ship, so I think that I'll displace that, too, instead of making it removable--I can't foresee the necessity.

Oddly, I had a major bite of a time getting the warp nacelles and impulse engines looking right. I'm still not one hundred percent on them, but I'll come back to 'em later. I also need to tweak the meet-up point between the main tubular body and the saucer section. It's too soft a transition as you can clearly see in the above image. And the termination to the deflector dish isn't complete either.
My next set of tasks is the aft torpedo launchers cut in.
I am really pleased with the shuttle bay section. I will cut in doors later so that the Delta Flyer can come and go realistically. I really, really hate the pylon hinges. I can't find two images that show the same thing--seems that each person has their own interpretation on the concept.

Anyway....time to go eat some pizza.

No comments: