Monday, September 22, 2008

Velma Modeling

Having a little time here and there, I thought I'd do a little practice in an area I'm not too strong in: modeling. And since it's my choice, I choose...her. The smart chick with the glasses. The under appreciated one who always get the right answer but almost never gets the credit for it. I have me a Velma in real life and she never disappoints, but there are, as a causal search tell me, no 3D Velmas out there. A model sheet was pretty easy to turn up.


And after several hours of pushing and pulling, this is what I have so far.




Didn't have a good arm shot, so I had to draw one in curves and kinda guess at it through some Scooby Doo episodes. The eyes are going to be a problem. There are figurines of the gang out there, but they're usually cheap-mold versions and her eyes are painted right on to the glasses. That, obviously, won't work here so that'll be an interesting puzzle.
Back to work.

No comments: